2016 Public Health System Assessment Report
The Florida Department of Health in Lake County is pleased to release the 2016 Lake County, Florida Local Public Health System Assessment Report. A local public health system assessment is a process that collects and analyzes how well the local public health system is organized, governed, and meets the essential services of public health.
The Florida Department of Health in Lake County guided this process to:
- Learn about how well the public health system in our community works right now.
- Find ways to improve the performance of our system by working together with agencies throughout our community.
A total of 90 people representing 37 different organizations participated in the assessment. The local public health system was scored by performance and priority and common themes of discussion across all services and standards were found.
The assessment folds into the Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) model of community health improvement as one of four types of assessments that provides information for community health planning.
- Florida Department of Health in Lake County 2016 Public Health System Assessment Report (PDF 1.46MB)
- Local Public Health System Assessment - Lake County, Florida 2016 Webinar Slides (PDF 1.25MB)
- Local Public Health System Assessment - Lake County, Florida 2016 Webinar Video
- For more information, please contact Page Barningham at (352) 589-6424 x2267 or EMail DOHLakeCHIP@flhealth.gov.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.