DOH-LAKE COVID-19 IMMUNIZATION SITES UPDATE FOR 01/29/21
January 29, 2021
January 29, 2021
DOH-LAKE COVID-19 Immunization SITES UPDATE for 01/29/21
Noelda Lopez, Public Information Specialist
Office: 352-589-6424, After Hours: 352-729-1754
Eustis, FL. – Due to overwhelming demand for 2nd doses, 1st doses will no longer be available at the Groveland Amazon site.
Sites will continue to operate based on vaccine availability. Inclement weather like lightning, heavy rain, or gusty winds can slow or shut down site operations.
As a reminder, the Lake Square Mall immunization site is available by appointment only. Residents may preregister for an appointment online at myvaccine.fl.gov or by phone at 866-201-6909 (or 833-476-1031 for TTY users).
We’ll continue to schedule and administer 2nd dose appointments at our St. Patrick Catholic Church site as well.
Florida Residency Requirement
On January 21, under the direction of Governor DeSantis, State Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees issues a Public Health Advisory, prioritizing COVID-19 vaccinations to Florida residents.
To prove residency an adult resident must provide a copy of his or her valid Florida driver license or a copy of a valid Florida identification card.
Seasonal residents may provide a copy of two of the following to show proof of residential address:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- One proof of residential address from the season resident’s parent, step-parent or legal guardian or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides and a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration.
- A utility bill, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.
Seasonal resident means any person who temporarily resides in this state for a period of at least 31 consecutive days in each calendar year, maintains a temporary residence in this state, returns to the state or jurisdiction of his or her residence at least one time during each calendar year, and is registered to vote or pays income tax in another state or jurisdiction.
Please note, as per the manufactures of the vaccine, we can’t administer the COVID-19 vaccine at the same time as other vaccines. We must separate the COVID-19 vaccine from other vaccines by 14 days before or after the administration of COVID-19 vaccine. If one had the Shingle vaccine, then they will need to wait 28 days.
If you have been on a blood thinners for less than a year or have had recent heart related surgery, take medications for atrial fibrillation, currently or any cancer treatments, cancer within the last six months, or take any immunosuppression medication please bring documentation from the provider stating that you may take the vaccine.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.